Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tastebud Politics

Ok, so I work in Marketing. Specifically, online marketing. I know (or like to think I know) all about the latest viral marketing trend: brands tying to provide interesting stuff out in the market to engage in this "Web 2.0" world. Since I'm looking at this stuff all day, I tend to have a very critical eye towards most online viral marketing, and see way more examples of bad content than good.

Then I saw this. Forget my marketing know-how. Forget the fact that its trying to get me to buy tacos. It's neat!

Enter Tastebudpolitics.com, a site created by Qdoba to engage its customers in a more engaging and interesting online experience. The best part of this site isn't the factual mini-polling of how each state is voting. No, it's the breakdown of which Mexican favorite at Qdoba lends itself towards a particular candidate. Just last week, Tacos were clearly the food of choice at the McCain camp, and now this week Obama has taken over the entire Mexican food category.



It's neat. Click around and you might find something interesting, but as with most viral marketing, it's mostly useless but entertaining.

No comments: